LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cookie Overload

We are finally home after a week and a half away, spending the holidays with family. Even though I'm on weight watchers and this is my fifth holiday season as a member, I still like to enjoy the holiday eating. It comes but once a year and I have the chance to eat things that I rarely get the rest of the year. Since it's a lifestyle, you have to be able to enjoy yourself and not be miserable while everyone else enjoys. That being said, I always regret how much I eat over this short period of time.

I've often mentioned that when I eat things that I know aren't good for me, I immediately picture my body ballooning and expect that my clothes won't fit. Fortunately, I was able to get into some small pants and several size 8 pants, so I know that that mental picture is false, although it doesn't necessarily mean that I didn't gain a little weight.

Cookies are probably my biggest weakness next to peanut butter and this holiday season, we made six different varieties. Having the cookies in the house makes it almost impossible not to eat them. We try to give them away at every turn, but I think I averaged at least four cookies every day since we went home for the holidays. We made a decision that none of them would come back into our house, so at least that's a good thing about being home.


I'm probably going to weigh myself at home tomorrow, before the weigh-in on Saturday so that I know what I have to work with. My last weigh-in was almost three weeks ago and I haven't been the the gym. I'm hoping that the sudden change in diet will at least shock my body enough so the number I see on Saturday isn't too shocking. Last year, over the same three weeks, I bounced up 2.2lb. I'm hoping to keep it under a 2lb gain so that I don't bounce back up into the 150s.

No comments:

Post a Comment