LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Weigh-in for 3/30/2013

Last weigh-in (3/16/2013) : 182.8 lb

This weigh-in (3/30/2013) : 181.6 lb

Change : 1.2 lb lost


Total loss postpartum : 18.8lb of 32.4lb gained 


It's been two weeks since my last official weigh-in because I was struggling to get any weight loss going.  We've had a visitor every weekend and that means we bring food into our house that's not normally here.  Even having my mom here, we've gotten snack foods and making things we normally wouldn't.  Today our very last visitors (that we know of) left and my mom was one of them (she was here for a full month).  That means we're back to normal (or at least our new version of normal with two kids) and food choices will be better all around.

It's been stressful as Izzie is a bit of a screamer and I have very little time to myself.  I've been stress eating a bit and making some bad choices.  Now that I don't have full time help anymore, I doubt I will have much time to overindulge as Izzie is very demanding and likes to be held most of the time.

I managed to buckle down in my tracking a bit the last few days before this weigh-in, so I was able to lose that little over a pound.  I was starting to get a bit frustrated with the weight not coming off as fast as after Brady, especially since I was breastfeeding more this time around.  I could eat badly after having Brady and still lose weight, so it didn't make any sense.  I guess because I gained 20lbs more during his pregnancy, the weight loss will be more proportionate to how much I gained this time.  I get cleared in 12 days to work out again and I will be so happy to get in the gym.  I've also not made it into a meeting room for a real weigh-in, but am going to start going weekly again this coming Saturday because it keeps me more honest.

The most frustrating thing is my clothes.  I moved from the large maternity pants into the mediums, so I decided I could look through my fat clothes bin to see if some things in there would fit, since I was in the low-180s and was wearing most of them at that weight.  I pulled out a pair of XL pj pants and almost cried when I couldn't get them on over my butt.  I decided at that moment I needed to take some measurements.  I am so bummed that my measurements are what they were at the same point postpartum with Brady (four weeks), and I was 13lbs less than I was then.  I can understand the waist measurement as I have been stretched out by a baby and that will take time to firm up again, but my hip measurements bummed me out big time.  I could tell when my weight got out of control in Europe that my pants got tight within a matter of a month.  You never put it on the same way you lose it, so I can only imagine the 20lbs from Europe settled all in my hips and thighs.  Such a shame, but I am determined to get back where I was before we left for Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment