LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Monday, February 20, 2012

German Weight Watchers

This past Saturday was the first time making it to a German Weight Watchers center and I wasn't sure what to expect.  It was set up where you walk into the meeting room and you had to go up some stairs in the middle of the room to get to the weigh-in area.  I walked into the area where there was a woman standing behind a counter with all the food products because that's usually where the scale is in the US.


A man came up behind me and motioned for me to come to the scale in another room.  He started talking in German, but when I said I only speak English, he switched and I was very grateful to not have to try and figure it out with the language barrier.  I was impressed that there was a man working there, because in all the centers I've ever been in, the employees have always been women.  


There was some confusion when it came to giving him my lifetime card and the membership number on it.  Thankfully, I had one of my old monthly passes and he just used that number.  They aren't as sophisticated with computer systems and wrote everything in my book and just had me sign a paper with my membership number beside it.  I had brought my free etools voucher to see if they had something similar, but he looked at me like I had two heads and initially thought the code on it was my membership number.  Guess I'll just have to pay from April to July when I get back and can obtain a new voucher.  


I had anticipated the weight being in kilograms and he politely told me, and I reassured him that I could calculate it in pounds myself and that as long as I was under 71.6 kg, I would be under my lifetime weight limit.  It came out to 70 kg, so I knew I was fine.


It was quite an ordeal and a good distance from our house, so I think I will only go the once a month that is required of me and weigh myself at home the other weeks to keep myself in check in between official weigh-ins.

No comments:

Post a Comment