LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Weigh-in for 2/18/2012

Last weigh-in (1/7/2011) : 150.0 lb

This weigh-in (2/18/2012) : 154.0 lb

Change : 4 lb gained





I can honestly say that I'm disgusted with this number.  I can also honestly take responsibility for this number.  I've started to gain some control on the internal factors of living in Germany (ex. what we buy in the stores to prepare at home), but now I need to gain some control over the external factors of being here (ex. foods I consume when out of the house).


At least three times a week, Andy was bringing home a pastry or pretzel home from work for me and I would eat it regardless of whether or not I was hungry.  I've been getting out of the house more in the last two weeks and going to play dates for Brady.  Every time I was offered something to eat or there was a spread at someone's house, I ate.  My "just say no" attitude has been sorely lacking.  Also, I've been eating lunch out and about and the selection is not quite the same over here.  There isn't the option for special requests because most people don't speak English and I don't know the German words for what I want.  Everything is very salty and I can feel the swelling in my ankles, which is very telling.


I was weighing myself at home every week, even though I wasn't making it to an official Weight Watchers, and surprisingly, the first two weeks, I was down from where I left the States.  That means, I've gained this 4lbs (yikes) in the last two weeks.  At home, being out of the house and busy kept me from eating, but here it's the opposite.  If I needed to eat on the run, I would stop at Chick Fil-A or Subway and get something low on points and keep going.  Since they eat their big meal at lunch in Europe, it's difficult to get something small and light.


In addition to the mental toll of seeing such a huge gain, there is a physical toll.  I'm so used to eating healthy that eating meats that are higher in fat and carbs (which I hardly ever eat), makes me feel really gross.  It's not a great feeling, so there's a small motivator to try and change.


This is just a bump in the road.  Weight loss is never easy and I've come up against obstacles before and pushed past them.  I knew coming over here wouldn't be easy and I was right.  I have to reassess the situation and adapt accordingly.  I have to take my body's signals and only eat when I am truly hungry, and not just because there's food in front of me. I have to keep my eye on the prize and remember about all the size 8 summer clothes I bought to bring over here and that I still want to fit in them when the weather gets warm.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I could just say ditto to your entire post! I've gained 4lbs since getting here too! But I know easily where the blame is...the treats. We try something new each time we go shopping...no self control. Ahhh, I need to be better! My exercise has been slacking too ever since I got Internet, before I had nothing to distract me so I could easily do it everyday. Maybe this will be my wake up call

    ReplyDelete