LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Friday, September 27, 2013

Weigh-in for 9/27/2013 ~ Back in the 140s!!!

Last weigh-in (9/21/2013) : 150.8 lb

This weigh-in (9/27/2013) : 149.8 lb

Change : 1 lb lost


Germany weight loss :
18.2lb of 19.8lb gained

Total weight loss since Izzie : 50.6 lbs



I can't begin to tell you how good it feels to get under 150lbs again after all the struggles of the last 18 months.  In the back of my mind, I always wonder what would've happened weight wise had we not gone to Germany and it makes me a little sad.  I can't dwell on that now, especially since I am so close to getting back to where I was before we stepped on that airplane.

Losing over 50lbs in less than 7 months is something I never thought myself capable of, considering it took me over 5 years from my first day of Weight Watchers to get from where I started to get to lifetime weight (42lbs lost).  I have to give a big part of the credit to the work I do in the gym on a weekly basis.  In the past, I've tried to lose weight either through exercise or eating better, but never both at the same time until the last few years.  Using one or the other either led to no loss, or not enough loss to change much in the way of inches because the fat wasn't getting replaced by much firmer muscle mass.  

As an overweight and obese child and teen, I hated recess and gym at school.  I was never athletic in sports that required much speed.  My main sports were volleyball and swimming, and even in swimming, I was better at endurance than sprints.  I'm not proud of this, but there was even a time I pretended to sprain my ankle so I didn't have to go to volleyball practice one day because we were going to have to run.  Never would I have thought then that I'd be one of the regulars at the gym.  The people at the gym daycare know my kids the minute we walk in and if we miss a day because one of the kids is sick or we're out of town, they tell us that they wondered where we were.  There's more to it than just the physical benefits at this point in my life.  It's a mental release as well.  I get to have someone else watch my kids, while they get to run around and play with other kids and toys they don't have at home.  I get some much needed time to myself and I don't seem to mind too much that it's hard work.  It'll be weird when I have to shift to maintain mode and I don't go quite as frequently (likely twice a week instead of three times).

No comments:

Post a Comment