I'm still in a point where I'm putting up a fight, but not a very good one, so the weight is still coming on. I'm not very happy here, so it's easier for me to give in to eating than pick a healthy option, but that has to change. I don't feel better when I don't fit into my clothes well and I don't have an endless supply of sizes in my closet.
Most people make a New Years resolution, but since my birthday was two days ago, I'm going to make a birthday resolution. Here's the list of things I'm going to try to do to turn my situation here around:
- Track more consistently
- Eat a maximum of two pastry/bread items a week
- Make healthier choices when I'm away from the house
- Plan to cook more meals instead of filling my freezer with pre-made ones
- Drink more water
- Pick more filling snacks
- Go for a walk with Brady when we have nothing else planned and the weather is nice enough (no rain), instead of staying inside the house
- Try to have a more positive attitude
- Eating only when I'm hungry and not when I'm bored (which is all to often here)
- Stick to the food plan I have for the week
- Ration out the Swiss chocolates we recently acquired so they don't create more of a problem
- Stop thinking about my weight all the time (which is easier said than done)
- Try to manage the pre-dinner slump a lot better instead of eating anything I can find and then not being hungry for dinner and eating it anyway
That probably seems like a long list, but there are so many moving parts in weight loss and weight management.
I haven't been on a scale since before our trip to Switzerland this past weekend and I know I was about a pound up from the last official weekend, and I know it could easily have gotten worse in the last week. A huge sticking point for people frustrated with small loses in meeting rooms, was that the weight didn't come on overnight, so the weight coming off won't either. Sometimes I agree with that, but right now I'm having a hard time. I keep thinking in my head that if I continue gaining at this rate, I'll be up almost 20lb by the time we come home and I just can't deal with that mentally. I've had periods of weight gain during the course of my journey, but I made more bad choices during those times. I feel frustrated and helpless with the limited variety and light choices here and sometimes when I feel bad for myself, I just say, "It's not fair."