LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Rollercoaster Week, but a Step in the Right Direction

This week has been interesting to say the least.  I definitely buckled down, although I know I can try and be even better this week.  The only time I had a pastry was when I had my first apple strudel in Germany on Saturday night when I went out with my friends.  I think that's the least amount of baked goods in a week I've had since we've been here.

I stepped on the scale mid-week and was down about half a pound, so I was starting to feel like what I was doing was working.  I got back on the scale yesterday to see if going to weigh-in this week was possible and I was blown out of the water.  The number staring back at me was 161.2lb!  That meant in the time between Tuesday and Friday, I went up 2.6lb!  I was just dumbfounded, thinking what I could have done in those three days that would set me back in such a huge way.  I had started walking with friends, so I thought that was going to help me.  I felt really defeated in that moment, because I was making better choices, yet I was putting on weight as fast as I was when I was making bad choices.  I was starting to have images in my head of how much I would weigh when we went home in just under four months if things continued this way, and that just scared the hell out of me.

Fortunately, when I stepped on the scale this morning, I was back at 158.4lb.  I had talked to both my mom and Andy on Friday in despair, and they both suggested that the sodium in the food has something to do with these huge fluctuations.  I can't think of any other reason for the weight to come on and come off in such huge numbers in a matter of 24 hours or so.

I am going to try even harder this week and hopefully be down to 157lb, where I can at least weigh-in and not lose my lifetime membership status.  That would greatly upset me, so I need to do everything in my power to see that it doesn't come to that.  Last week, I was able to cut down dramatically on the number of baked goods I was eating and this week I'm going to try and focus on tracking everything and only eating when I'm hungry.  Hopefully, those two things, in addition to the decreased baked goods, can get me where I need to be next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment