LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Monday, October 10, 2011

Small Victories - Pajama Pants

Most people who know me, know that I love to lounge around in my pajamas when I can. This time last fall, I bought probably my favorite pair of pajama pants of all time. I got them at Target and they were flannel with grey and white checks on them. My favorite part was that they had small lines of light blue and light pink edging the checks. The only thing I didn't like about them was that they were a size XL! I've always been bottom heavy, but even before I got pregnant I was wearing medium sized lounge pants. I was 175lb last fall, only about 10lb up from my pre-pregnancy weight. I had a hard time accepting that only 10lbs would put me up two pants sizes (general sizes, not numeric sizes).

The last time I wore those pajama pants was in April at Easter when we went home to Pittsburgh. It was cold there, when it wasn't down here, so I didn't wear them again. I've had my eye on a new pair (same brand and still at Target) for a while and was waiting until closer to my trip home this week. As luck would have it, they went on sale when I was going to buy them this week anyway. I went today and unfortunately, the brown and pink plaid ones I had my eye on were only available in sizes small and XL (I guess that's what I get for waiting). I did find another pair that was dark blue with light blue spots that was the same brand and took a medium into the dressing room to try them on. Not only did I get them on, there was wiggle room!!! Not enough wiggle room to consider trying on a small, and me even thinking that someday my butt could be a small blows my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment