LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Monday, November 14, 2011

Back from a Traveling Weekend & a Wedding

We traveled to Philadelphia this past weekend to see a college friend of Andy's get married. But, before that we traveled to Delaware, where Andy's cousin lives, so that she and her husband could watch Brady while we attended the wedding and he could play with his 1 year old cousin.

We started our weekend on Friday at 11AM, when I picked Brady up from a half-day at work. We hit the road and what should have been a 9 1/2 hour drive, and it took 12, due to several delays. We had to eat on the road twice and although I chose a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch, I also had fries (which I usually only allow myself on the road). Dinner was chicken tenders at Popeyes, but I was able to choose my side and went with corn on the cob.

We knew the wedding was going to have a buffet, so I thought I would be fine and be able to choose some good options. When people talk about our wedding, all they can ever talk about is how much food there was. We had a minimum to spend to hold our room and had to choose a lot of extras at the last minute, although we didn't have time to eat any of them. This wedding allowed me to understand what people were talking about. There was a never-ending stream of hor' dourves, which were all delicious and then we headed in to dinner. There were stations and everything looked delicious and tasted the way they looked. Then during dancing, they put out the cake, and had other small desserts and cupcakes. There was also a coffee station.

Yesterday, we headed home from Delaware and it only took us 10 1/2 hours to get home. We ate breakfast before we left, so we only ate once on the road and again chose a grilled chicken sandwich. It was good to get home and be back into our routine today. I know that before I left, I was down significantly from last weigh-in and I hope with good eating and working out in the next few days, I can at least keep those numbers, which would make me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment