LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Friday, August 12, 2011

Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels

The summer I got pregnant with Brady, we were living in Ocean City, NJ for Andy's internship with the Press of Atlantic City, the newspaper for southern Jersey. We were still renting our Oakland apartment since we would be back by the end of the summer, but were dealing with fumigation issues and having to empty out all of our drawers. This meant a lot of my clothes ended up at my bedroom at my parent's house.

Last summer, I was still up 25lb from where I am now, so the clothes were forgotten. Since summer comes in February to South Carolina, that had me on the hunt for my summer clothes, which I keep in bins underneath our bed. I started to realize I was missing a lot of my favorite tops. Every time we've moved, we went through the closets and donated what we never wore or didn't fit, so I started to think that I'd donated them. It took me a couple of weeks to remember that they were in my old bedroom, but when I was home for Easter, I forgot to get them. A few weeks ago was the first time I was home since then and when I opened my drawers, I was very happy with the shirts I found.

Today, I was wearing an outfit I hadn't worn since I started dating Andy in 2007, when I was at my lowest weight on program. It's an incredible feeling and keeps me motivated to think that maybe next summer I will need a whole new wardrobe. It's true what they say about nothing tasting as good as skinny feels. I'm not claiming that I'm "skinny," but I'm definitely thinner than I was even 4 months ago. Eating something bad only makes you feel good for so long and then the guilt sets in. Being thinner is something that you can feel good about every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment