LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Biggest Loser

Tonight is the premiere of the Biggest Loser. I can't say I've watched it since it first came on the air, but I did start watching in the fall of 2007 when Alison Sweeney (from Days of Our Lives) took over as host and I was 1 year into my own weight loss journey. I have watched Days of Our Lives my whole life and Alison Sweeney has been on since she was a teenager and she was chubby herself. She has conquered her weight issues and two kids later looks AMAZING. I see her almost every day on Days and want to look like she does.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Biggest Loser. I love it in the beginning, when the contestants are first starting out. It makes me feel good about myself to see people who are so much larger than myself. As the weeks go on, there comes a time about 3/4 of the way in that the female contestants start to weigh less than me. That's when I start to hate it and feel bad about myself. I do understand that they're losing weight at an alarmingly fast rate and work out 8 hours a day. The trainers compare them professional athletes. They hardly ever show them after a workout where they're all in a recovery room, covered in ice. Every year, I say that by the end I'm going to feel good about myself and to this day, I've never gotten to that place. This season is going to be the season where I still feel great about myself at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment