LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Friday, September 2, 2011

The Way You See Yourself


Sometimes it's hard looking at yourself in the mirror. You see yourself every day, so it's hard to notice weight loss. Sure your clothes fit better or are too big, but you don't notice it in the mirror. Other people tell you they notice, but you still see your flaws. When I look in the mirror, I can't tell that I look any different from when I was at 165lb (almost 7.5lb ago).

On the other hand, my clothes fit completely different. I have a ton of clothes from before I got married that still have the tags on them because I bought them a little too small and was going to work my way into them. I was between a size 12 and 13 when it came to dress pants before I got married, wore a jean size 11, and most of my dresses were sized 11 or 12. Yesterday, I wanted to prove to myself that my body is different than when I
was 165lb, so I went through my closet. I was able to get into a pair of size 10 dress pants that still had the tags on and even a size 9 sun dress that I couldn't zip up when I bought it.

It feels good to see that kind of progress, but I feel like I was thinner the last time I was at this weight. When I was working my way back down post-pregnancy, I kept thinking that 155 was some magic number where I would technically be at a healthy weight and somehow I would be thin. Pictured below is a picture of me in 2007 at the beach h
ouse in VA Beach and I was 159lb. I really don't feel like my butt (my main problem area) is this small and I weigh less now. I guess you're always harsher on yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment