LilySlim Weight loss tickers LilySlim Diet days tickers LilySlim Weight charts LilySlim Weight charts

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Dreaded Buffet

We are currently in the middle of our week-long vacation in Virginia Beach. While we only go out to eat twice, they are doozies. Monday night, we went to our first dinner out, a buffet at a restaurant called, Captain George's. We've been going to this buffet since I was Brady's age. It's an expensive buffet, so my dad's rule has always been that if he sees us with salad he's going to smack us. My mom can sit there for hours with plate after plate of crab legs. They have an amazing spread, including prime rib, fried shrimp and scallops, mussels, oysters, and so much more. Last year, when we went to Myrtle Beach with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend, he was salivating at the thought, and couldn't wait to get back there this year. Brady was in heaven. He will eat pretty much anything we put in front of him and has already had shell fish, so he ate crab and anything else anyone would give him. There was a little kid at the table next to us around his age and the mom was trying to have him watch Brady and eat like that. We don't know where Brady puts it, since he's the size of the average 10 month old when it comes to his weight. Unlike everyone else at the table, I only ate 3 plates (I know, only three?) while everyone else ate more, but we all walked out of there claiming we'd never eat again. It's a terrible feeling to be that full and to know that initially you enjoyed the food. I know that I didn't make the best choices, but at least I threw some vegetables into the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment